Music ... now, more than ever.
Announcement July 25, 2020
We are so grateful for your ongoing support as the TBSO continues to navigate the COVID-19 pandemic. While we have missed sharing music together with you, we’re deeply honoured by your continued enthusiasm, understanding, and generosity.
New Executive Director / General Manager – Ryleigh Walsh Dupuis
We are thrilled to announce the appointment of Ryleigh Walsh Dupuis as new Executive Director/General Manager.
Ryleigh grew up in Thunder Bay and is returning after several years away. She brings with her extensive corporate management experience and a passion for working in the creative sector.
We all look forward to meeting her soon. Ryleigh starts her new position on September 1st. For more, read below, “TBSO announces new Executive Director/General Manager.”
Our Office is Open
We’re opening our office to the public. Our new temporary office hours will be Tuesday & Wednesday 10am-4pm.
In order to keep everyone safe we’ve put the following protocols in place for both visitors, volunteers, and staff:
- Please self-assess and do not visit the TBSO office if you have symptoms of COVID-19 or if you have been exposed to COVID-19.
- Visitors are required to use hand sanitizer upon arrival. It is available inside the entrance doors.
- Both staff and visitors are required to wear masks.
- Disposable masks will be available for visitors who don’t have their own masks.
Mandatory Mask Policy
A mask or face covering will be required for all visitors to the TBSO office.
- All persons entering or remaining in these premises must wear a mask or face covering that securely covers the nose, mouth, and chin as required by the Medical Officer of Health under the authority of the Emergency Management and Civil Protection Act (EMCPA) Ontario Regulations 263/20, 364/20.
* Exemptions include children under two years old, people who cannot wear a mask or face covering for medical reasons, those who require accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Proof of exemption is not required.
Over the past few months, our Board, staff, and musicians have been exploring our options for the upcoming 2020/21 season. These may include smaller in-person events, subject to public health guidelines, along with some online offerings. In every case we are committed to offering you a meaningful musical experience while ensuring your comfort and safety.
Our Staff & Musicians
We remain committed to our musicians and staff. While we are still negotiating the specific details, we are committed to ensuring that they are employed and making the music happen throughout our 2020-21 season. We are grateful for the financial support from the Canada Emergency Wage Subsidy, the Canada Council for the Arts, Ontario Arts Council, City of Thunder Bay, as well as other independent funders and our generous donors like you!
Stay in Touch
We hope you’ll stay in touch as we continue to work through our future plans – more announcements are on the way! We also welcome your thoughts and comments – you can email us anytime at [email protected].